This notice applies to our website www.ruminati.com.au and our platform and all services we provide, including any other apps or services we may offer (for example, events or training). For the purpose of this notice, these are referred to as our services.
In this notice the term personal data means all identifiable information about you, including your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, and all data and information you contribute or upload on our platform, along with your support queries, comments and the like. If you can’t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time.
2. WHO WE ARE
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Ruminati Technology Pty Ltd ACN 665 392 781 of 82 Glenmore Road, Paddington NSW 2021 and all subsidiaries.
We provide an easy-to-use online platform for farmers and other organisations to measure, track and validate on-farm climate information.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our website and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data you will not be able to use some parts of our website or services.
Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our website or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our website and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Information we get from third parties: The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to perform a contract or service with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our website may not be available to you.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your personal data to operate our website and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following (without limitation):
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our website and services, security updates, or assistance with using our website and services
- marketing communications
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
- assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the website or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
- by tracking and monitoring your use of our website and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our website and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
- to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, and other derivative data sets which we may share publicly or with third parties.
5. HOW WE CAN SHARE YOUR DATA
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of our business
- other people where we have your consent.
We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens. Please contact us if you require further information in this regard.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised. If we have shared your personal data pursuant to these terms you acknowledge and agree that we shall have no further obligations in respect of that data and that if you request the deletion of that data we may not be able to procure deletion from third parties.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us and making a request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to know what personal data we hold about you or you have a question for us on this notice, our website or services, please contact us.